P. Randall Schunk
National Laboratory Professor
Department of Chemical and Biological Engineering
Ph.D. University of Minnesota, Chemical Engineering, 1989
B.S. University of Colorado, Chemical Engineering, 1984
- 2009 - Present: National Laboratory Professor, Department of Chemical & Nuclear Engineering • University of New Mexico, Albuquerque, NM.
- 1989 - Present: Distinguished Member Technical Staff, Sandia National Laboratories, Albuquerque, NM.
- B. O. Oguntade, S. J. Plimpton, P. R. Schunk, and R. T. Bonnecaze 2008. "Structure, rheology, and origins of aging in systems of agregating colloids", Journal of Rheology (submitted).
- H. D. Rowland, W. P. King, A. C. Sun, and P. R. Schunk, Cross, GLW. "Predicting polymer flow during high-temperature atomic force microscope nanoindentation" Macromolecules. Vol.40, iss.22, p.8096-8103
- S. Reddy, P. R. Schunk, and R. T.Bonnecaze, 2005. "Dyanmics of low capillary number interfaces moving through sharp features", Physics of Fluids, 17, 122104.
- H. D. Rowland, W. P. King, A. C. Sun, and P. R. Schunk, 2005. "Simulations of nonuniform embossing: The effect of asymmetric neighbor cavities on polymer flow during nanoimprint lithography", J. Vac. Sci. Technol. B 23(6), 2958-2962.
- H. D. Rowland, A. C. Sun, P. R. Schunk, W. P. King, 2005. "Impact of polymer film thickness and cavity size on polymer flow during embossing: toward process design rules for nanoimprint lithography". J. Micromech. Microeng. 15, 2414-2425.
- Modeling and Simulation (Finite Element, Discrete Element)
- Computational fluid mechanics
- Nano-manufacturing (nano-particle composites, nano-imprinting)
- Polymer processing and coating flows